The HARP program was created by the Federal Government after the financial crisis of 2009. It was developed to assist homeowners who are underwater, meaning their loan amount is higher than the value of their home.
You may be eligible for HARP if you meet the following criteria:
- The mortgage is owned or guaranteed by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.
- The mortgage has been sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009.
- The mortgage has not been refinanced under HARP previously unless it is a Fannie Mae loan that was refinanced under HARP from Mar.-May, 2009.
- The current loan-to-value (LTV) ratio is greater than 80%.
- The borrower is current on the mortgage and has a good payment history for at least 12 months.
Contact a loan expert at Colorado Lenders and we will guide you through the process!